Red Hot Wavetable Synthesis
Bring some heat to your music creation workflow with nanobox | fireball, a polyphonic wavetable mini synthesizer with intuitive touchscreen control. Featuring eight voice polyphony, two wavetables and an oscillator, Fireball unlocks a huge array of sounds—from punchy and aggressive leads to atmospheric pads. Touchscreen X/Y control allows you to instantly morph and shape sounds with the swipe of a finger. Choose from hundreds of professionally designed presets and wav files, or quickly create your own patches with deep parameter control via the 2” touchscreen. Integrate fireball seamlessly with your existing tabletop gear—or create on-the-go thanks to a compact design that fits in the palm of your hand.
- Adjust and tweak parameters quickly with an intuitive touchscreen interface
- Perform with 8 voice polyphony, 2 wavetables, and an oscillator
- Sculpt your sound with 2 filters, 2 envelopes, 2 LFOs, and 1 modulation sequencer
- Use your favorite MIDI controller for real time, hands-on sound manipulation
- Mix and match 6 onboard effects in two slots for up to 12 possible combinations—choose from flanger, distortion, chorus, phaser (FX1), and delay and reverb (FX2)
- Morph and shape sounds using touchscreen X/Y control
- Choose from hundreds of professionally developed presets and wav files
- Load your own wavetables via micro-SD
- Integrates seamlessly with other synths, drum machines, and audio devices
- Get into the groove with a fast, fluid, and intuitive workflow
- Make music anywhere thanks to a compact and nearly indestructible design
- Flexible power options from USB C connector
- Mini TRS connections for MIDI in and out, clock in, line in and line out
- 2″ touch screen, 2 knobs and 4 buttons in a 3.75″ x 3″ x 1.5″ package
- nanobox | fireball compact polyphonic granular synthesizer with touchscreen control
- MicroSD card with presets and wav files
- USB power cord
- Type B TRS MIDI To MIDI 5 Pin DIN adapter
- Quick Start Guide
- Includes 123 presets and 103 wavetables
- Wavetables use 2048 samples per cycle and 256 cycles
- Power: USB-C connection 5V, 500mA
- 3.5mm audio input and output
- Maximum input and output level: 2Vrms
- DAC and ADC resolution: 24-bit
- Internal resolution: 32-bit
- Sample rate: Oscillators: 96kHz Rest of Engine: 48kHz
- MIDI Input: 3.5mm Type A/B auto sensing
- MIDI Output: 3.5mm Type A/B selectable
- Clock Input: 4 PPQ
- MIDI support: Note On/Off, Mod Wheel, Sustain, Pitch Bend, Mono & poly Aftertouch, assignable CCs, and clock
- H x W x D: 1.5″ x 3.75″ x 3″
- Weight: 0.25 lbs.
Getting Started with nanobox
In this video, our resident Customer Happiness Enforcer will walk you through how to create music with your nanobox.
A Deeper Look at nanobox | fireball
Learn how to get more out of your nanobox | fireball in this deep dive video.
Download the nanobox | fireball User Guide for a convenient reference you can take with you. This guide walks through all of the features of the nanobox | fireball and guides you through the basics of wavetable synthesis.
Download the Latest Firmware
New firmware updates add new features and fix bugs. You can find the latest version on our forum. You must register for the forum in order to download firmware. Registration is free.
Join the Community
While you are on the forum, join the conversation with other musicians to learn new ways to generate sound with granular.
Meet the Nanobox Collection
Add inspiring flavor to your music with the nanobox collection of polyphonic mini synthesizers. From lemondrop to fireball, each model combines its own unique approach to synthesis with intuitive touchscreen control and an ultra-compact form factor you can literally take anywhere. You’ll feel like a kid in a candy store as you explore an assortment of professionally designed presets or dive deep into crafting your own sounds.Learn More