These replacement faceplates are designed for use with the module in the traditional orientation with the screen on top. These are the same faceplates used when manufacturing our modules. They are anodized aluminum with a bead blasted finish.
Swapping out a faceplate is easy to do, and requires a small wrench or pliers. Here are the steps to replace a faceplate:
- Remove the module from the rack.
- Gently tug on the four knobs to pull them off.
- Use a small wrench or pliers to remove the hex nuts under the knobs.
- Use a small wrench or pliers to remove the small round nuts around each of the mini jacks. Note that these nuts have a notch on the top side of them. This notch fits into a specialized tool that can be used to remove these nuts more easily.
- Gently pull up on the faceplate and it will slide off easily.
- Place the new faceplate on the module.
- Use a small wrench or pliers to replace the small round nuts around each of the mini jacks. Note that the notch should be on the top side of the nuts, the side away from the faceplate.
- Use a small wrench or pliers to replace the hex nuts under the knobs.
- Look at the underside of the knobs and the post that they rest on. You will see that the knobs are keyed. Line up the flat edge of the hole in the knob with the flat edge of the post, and then push the knob onto the post. If you have the knob aligned properly, it should go on with moderate pressure. If it seems to require more force, please check the alignment.