As a year end thank you, we made an update to the bitbox firmware. It includes many of the popular requests we received on our forum:
- Single screen mute/unmute control for all 16 samples
- ADSR envelopes for all sample, clip, and slicer voices
- Automated slice to grid feature
- Control of the sensitivity of the automatic slice scanning
- Automatic file previewing when scrolling through the file list. (Press the play button to enable this mode in the file browser.)
- File previewing using the gate input for the selected cell
- The ability to switch off the master compressor
- Improved slice playback when triggering overlapping notes
- New and improved screen brightness control
Download the new firmware today! (Free forum registration required.)
Download the new firmware from the registered user part of the forum. The manual is also available here.
The 1010music Team
Version 1.2 of the bitbox firmware has been available for a while. Now you can learn how to use all of the new features in the updated Bitbox User Manual v1.2. Download it today and learn about Slicing, Atomic mode, and more.
We are pleased to make version 1.2 available to you. This is a release candidate, meaning we are gearing up to burn it onto new devices coming from our factory. We would love to get your feedback on this new version.
Bitbox 1.2 new features
- Support of folders on the microSD card when reading WAV files
- Record monitoring options that let you hear the incoming audio or not, plus an automatic setting to switch it off upon finishing a recording.
- All the new features in version 1.1
- Lots of bug fixes.
To install new firmware onto your Bitbox, please do the following:
- Copy the desired firmware onto a microSD card. Unpack the ZIP file if necessary
- Rename the file as MATRIX.BIN (On some systems extensions are hidden, so you can skip the .BIN)
- Insert the microSD card into your Bitbox
- While powering up the unit, hold the Home and Info buttons. When you see the message about upgrading the firmware, you can let go.
- When the upgrade finishes in about 15 seconds, the unit will restart with the new software
- You can check what version you are running on the top level screen by pressing home as many times as is necessary.
Bitbox Firmware 1.2.1
Thanks for your support.
The 1010music Team
It is our pleasure to announce the availability of a new 1GB sound set for your Bitbox. There are 196 samples, including some incredible sound effects and ambience, that feel right at home in electronic music. This sound set was created by Nick Peck, audio guru and Bitbox fan. Please enjoy the set as much as we do. These sounds will soon come pre bundled with the Bitbox. For our early customers, here is the sound set in download form.
Bitbox Sample Library
Sound set Copyright (c) 2017, by Nick Peck, Perceptive Sound Design, all rights reserved.
The BItbox User’s Manual is now available on our Support page. This manual is designed to show you how to use all of the features available in bitbox. Learn how to use Modulators, Tracks and Presets to customize the playback of your clips. Load existing clips into bitbox or record new ones. Tweak clip parameters to get the music to sound the way you want. Then export the results to Ableton Live.
Want to see bitbox in action? Are you ready to learn more about how to use your bitbox? You can find two videos and the Quick Start Guide on our Support page. The first video demonstrates recording with bitbox, and the second demonstrates looping basics.
Is there a video you would like to see? Let us know on our Contact Us page.
Bitbox is now available at retailers around the world and here on 1010music.com.
Read our Press Release.
Download the high-resolution photographs.